Assisted-braking resistor to increase rope friction when there is a large weight difference between belayer and lead climber. In the event of a fall, the OHM increases the amount of rope friction so that a lighter belayer can hold a heavier lead climber without difficulty.
Made in Germany.
- Belayer requires significantly less hand braking force to arrest a fall
- Lowering a heavier climber is much easier to control
- OHM is attached at the first bolt in the safety chain
- Should a lead climber fall at the first bolt, the OHM significantly reduces the risk of a possible ground fall
- Rope handling when belaying a lead climber not affected (no additional friction when paying out rope)
- Recommended weight difference (lead climber > belayer): 10 - 40 kg
- Minimum weight belayer: 40 kg
- For single ropes from 8.9 - 11.0 mm